Indo-US Joint Clean Energy Research and Development Center (JCERDC) is proposed to be established under a joint initiative between the Government of India and the US Department of Energy. The center is envisaged to undertake collaborative R & D to advance clean energy technologies by teams of scientists, technologists and engineers from India and the United States, and related joint activities, needed to deploy clean energy technologies. To achieve this objective, the Indo-US JCERDC will support multi-institutional network project costs using public-private partnership model of funding support.
The initial priority areas under the Indo-US JCERDC are:
- Solar Energy (in collaboration with the National Council for Solar Growth)
- Second Generation Biofuels
- Energy Efficiency of Buildings
Letters of Intent to participate in the JCERDC are invited from Indian academia, research institutions and industry partners together in a consortia mode.
- Awards will be made to a consortium with the knowledge and experience to undertake first-rate collaborative research programs. These consortia will leverage existing resources and physical infrastructure.
- The application should be jointly submitted by the U.S.-Indian researchers who would be members of the Consortia based on their mutual interests, priorities and strength.
On receiving the LOI, a prestakeholder meet will be organized, following which the final call for proposal will be made. Funding will be competitively awarded through a joint review process, solely on the basis of the merit and feasibility of the final proposal.
The program will be coordinated by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) and the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India and administered through the binational Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (lUSSTF).
Submission Deadline: 26 September 2010
For more details visit: www.indousstf.org