CALL FOR PROPOSALS
(15th June 2010 – 31st July 2010)
Department of Biotechnology (DBT) invites proposals from Indian Biotechnology Companies under the Biotechnology Industry Partnership Programme (BIPP), a Government partnership with industry for support on a cost sharing basis for development of novel and high risk futuristic technologies mainly for viability gap funding and enhancing existing R&D capacities. BIPP has been initiated under Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Programme (BIRAP), a unique initiative of DBT being implemented in partnership with ABLE and BCll to nurture R&D and innovation in Biotech Industry. Biotech Consortium India Limited (BCll) is the BIPP Management Agency and will ensure maintenance of strict confidentiality ofthe proposals as per DBT norms.
Key Features ofthe Programme
- Large, medium, small scale companies; start-ups on cost sharing basis
- High risk, discovery linked innovation
- Accelerated technology development
- Evaluation and validation of biotech products
- Indigenous discovery, innovation and technology to products
- Products of national relevance or public benefit
* Varying models of grants, loans or grant + loan available.
Who can apply?
A single or consortia of Indian “for profit” company (ies) – Small, Medium or Large having DSIR* recognized in-house R&D unit(s). An Indian Company is defined as one in which more than 51 % of the ownership is held by Indian citizens (including NRls).
The proposals can be submitted:
- solely by an Indian Company; or
- jointly by an Indian Company and National R&D Organizations or Institutions; or
- by ‘a group of Indian Companies along with National Research Organizations etc.
(*The companies who are in the process of obtaining DSIR recognition may also apply along with the proof of application to DSIR. However, the final decision on such applications would be subject to theirgefting DSIR recognition.)
How to Apply?
Proposals are required to be submitted online only. To submit a proposal online, please follow the following steps: .
- Log on the BIRAPwebsite (www.birapdbt.nic.in)
- If you are a registered user, log-on using the credentials, else you need to register your company with by clicking on New User Registration.
- In case of new user registration, a computer generated password would be sent to the email-id provided atthetlme ofreqlsfratlon.The password can be changed later.
- Once you login, you would be navigated to the page displaying BIPP link.
- Click on the BIPP link under Programmes and the active call would be highlighted.
- Click on the new call and proceed towards proposal submission.
- Further details on How to submit a proposal would be available in the BIPP User Guide available on the website.
- The proposals should be submitted on or before 31 st July, 2010.
Company User Registration is open round the clock. Online Proposal
Submission would begin from 15th June, 2010. No Hard Copy to be
submitted, Proposals submitted online only would be considered.
For details contact
Dr. Renu Swarup, Advisor Incharge BIPP, Department of Biotechnology,
Block No: 2, 7th ~Ioor, CGO Complex, lodi Road, New Delhi – 110003, India
Last date for submission Of Proposals – 31 st July, 2010
Detailed guidelines for the scheme Including eligible project categories to be
supported are available at http://dbtindia.nic.in/uniquepage.asp?id_pk=680;