It is not so complicated if you follow the step by step guidelines given on these various sites :
- Business Knowledge Resource Online – by Government of India – includes variety of resources such as financing, entrepreneurship opportunities, taxation, registration of a company, etc. etc.
- Intuit Small Business India Blog – has many resources including Partnerships, HR Policies, Shops & Establishment Act, Common Problems, etc.
- Track.in has an entire section on how to setup a Pvt. Ltd. Company – step-by-step – including the costs and the timelines
- Chandabhoy & Jassoobhoy – Chartered Accountants have an interesting publication for Doing Business in India mainly from the Foreign Investors’ point of view
- Dare also lists the legal formalities for starting a Company in India