The “Technopreneur Promotion Programme” (TePP) was launched in 1998-99 by the Ministry of Science and Technology. TePP is operated by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR) to tap the vast innovative potential of the citizen of India. TePP is a mechanism to promote indivudual innovators to become technology-based entrepreneurs (Technopreneurs).
The TePP has the following objectives:
- To promote and support untapped creativity of individual innovators
- To assist the individual innovators to become technology based enterpreneurs
- To assist the technopreneur in networking and forge linkages with other constituents of the innovation chain for commercialization of their developments.
The activities under TePP include providing financial support to selected and screened individual innovators having original ideas for converting them into working models , prototypes and so on. TePP assistance is provided to the innovator to meet expenditure on the following:
- R&D/Engineering consultancy
- Procure small equipment,tools etc. required
- Raw Material/ Accessories (for prototype/process trials),
- Fabrication cost (for prototypes)
- Patent guidance and support
- Testing & Trials
- Any other relevant costs
TePP support to the innovators is limited to 90% of the total cost of the project & remaining 10% is to be borne by the innovator/inventor.
Click Here for more information on this unique program
Click Here for Technology Development and Innovation Programme (TDIP)