|Outstanding contribution to humanitarian works in the aftennath of Natural Disasters|
APPLICATIONS INVITED FOR “SAARC YOUTH AWARD – 2009”
SAARC invites applications from the youth of the region of participate in the “SAARC Youth Award – 2009”. The aim of the Scheme is to provide suitable recognition to extra-ordinary young talents encourage the overall development of the youth in the region.
i. to give recognition to the outstanding work done by young persons;
ii. to provide youth the incentive to achieve excellence in the various fields;
iii. to improve educational and technical skills of youth and to encourage them in creative activities; and
iv. to encourage in the youth the development of personality through positive social attitudes and values.
Theme of the Award:
The theme of the Award – 2009 has been decided as “Outstanding contribution to humanitarian works in the aftermath of Natural Disasters”.
The Award is open to nationals of SAARC Member States who are within the age group of 20-35 years at the time of nomination. The work or achievement, which has been submitted for or received an international or regional award, will not be eligible for consideration.
Description of Award:
i. A citation in English;
ii. A SAARC Gold Medal;
iii. A cash prize of US$ 3000.00 (Three Thousand US Dollars)
iv. Per diem and return air ticket for travel to the venue of the presentation of the award.
The last date for receipt of applications on the prescribed format published herewith is 15″ December 2009. Neat and typed applications alongwith necessary documents should be sent by Registered / Speed Post at the following address:
Joint Secretary (SAARC) Ministry of External Affairs
Room No. 807, Akbar Shawan, Chanakya Puri, New Delhi-11 0021.
Note: Incomplete applications and entries received after the deadline will not be entertained.
PROFORMA FOR SAARC YOUTH AWARD – 2009
Application for SAARC YOUTH AWARDS SCHEME in the category of:
- Name of Applicant(In block letters, Underline surname)
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth (In words & figures, supported by a copy of valid document e.g. National Identity Card/Passport etc.)
- Permanent Address
- Postal Address (Telephonelrelex/Fax with area code)
- Outstanding work done recently for which award is to be given. (Please describe in not more than 3000 words indicating the work done and impact on the community. where applicable)
- Whether any regional/international award has been submitted / received to the work identified in this application? (If yes, give details)
- Whether the same entry has been nominated earlier for a SAARC Youth Award?
- Whether applicant has been convicted by any court of law or any case is pending against him/her in any Court?
- Brief statement on future plans of the applicant for making further improvement in the relevant area of work.
I declare that the information provided above is true and correct I am aware that false or misleading information given in relation to this application could result in cancellation of the Award and liability for legal prosecution.
Date ……………….. Applicant’s Signature …………………………………… .
i. Four passport size photographs;
ii. Certified copies of identification papers.
iii. Description of work alongwith entry.
Note: Forms and Annexes should be filled in triplicate in English language .