Archive for the ‘Resources’ Category
Which you thought you knew, but didn’t !
Sometime back we were discussing options to find business incubation for our idea. We researched fairly and part of this article was the result of that research.We thought why not complete the research and publish it out for everyone’s use.
Startup incubators are a growing trend and a great thrust to support first time entrepreneurs across India. There are all kinds of efforts in this direction – Govt supported Institute based technology incubators, Private business incubators started by industry veterans and startup accelerators supported by companies and VC funds. Individually there are differences between how they incubate, structure the program, operate, support/fund and accelerate the ventures. We have tried to cover the fundamentals of each of them succinctly, but readers will do good to dive in each entity to understand more.
Click Here to read more about Incubators and Accelerators all over India
GoFundMe personal online fundraising websites are perfect for individuals, groups & organizations!
You create your own microsite, tell your story and share it with the world around you, including your friends on Facebook, Twitter, etc. The entire process is totally free, except that when you receive funds, GoFundMe deducts 5% and remits you the balance 95%. You have nothing to lose !
An innovative way of raising your own funds for your projects, studies, NGOs, Business Ideas, Donations, and more !
Click Here for their website
Here’s how it works.
Kickstarter is a funding platform for creative projects. Everything from films, games, and music to art, design, and technology. Kickstarter is full of ambitious, innovative, and imaginative projects that are brought to life through the direct support of others.
Since our launch on April 28, 2009, over $350 million has been pledged by more than 2.5 million people, funding more than 30,000 creative projects. If you like stats, there’s lots more here.
Thousands of creative projects are funding on Kickstarter at any given moment. Each project is independently created and crafted by the person behind it. The filmmakers, musicians, artists, and designers you see on Kickstarter have complete control and responsibility over their projects. They spend weeks building their project pages, shooting their videos, and brainstorming what rewards to offer backers. When they’re ready, creators launch their project and share it with their community.
Every project creator sets their project’s funding goal and deadline. If people like the project, they can pledge money to make it happen. If the project succeeds in reaching its funding goal, all backers’ credit cards are charged when time expires. If the project falls short, no one is charged. Funding on Kickstarter is all-or-nothing.
Click Here for the unique website
Small Business Congress 2012 / Small Business Awards 2012
- Get 500+ ideas to manage and grow your business fast and efficiently
- Re-ignite your entrepreneurial focus
- Raise money for your project
- Learn to create a growth-oriented business plan
- Get your business recognized
Awards / Conference / Exhibition
Interact, Learn, Network, Expand, Collaborate & Grow
Dates : December 17 & 18 2012
Place : THE LALIT, MUMBAI
CALL : 09312687253 or 08595350504 or 08595350505 or SMS SBA to 5667779
Click Here for more details
* Birla Institute of Technology, NOIDA *Campus is organizing *TWO WEEK Faculty Development Programmes* on *Entrepreneurship Development. *The programme is sponsored by Department of Science & Technology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India. The programmes will be organized at BIT Noida Campus as per the following schedule:
First Programme - 07th January -19th January, 2013
Second Programme - 04th March - 16th March, 2013
There is *NO FEES *for the candidates attending these programmes. You are requested to kindly forward this mail to your colleagues, friends, students, research scholars etc whomsoever you think may be interested in such programmes.
The detailed brochure and registration form is enclosed herewith
Courtesy : Dr. Firdos Shroff
You have an idea. Make it happen.
Discover local programs and online resources to launch and scale your business.
Click Here for their website
I am pleased to announce the launch of ASCENT – a non-profit venture, designed as a unique and powerful ‘self-help” platform for ambitious entrepreneurs, who have already embarked on their journey and are raring to grow. ASCENT seeks to Accelerate and SCale up ENTerprises, through leveraging the power of Entrepreneur groups.
Harsh Mariwala founded Marico in 1990 and transformed a traditional commodity driven business into a leading Consumer Products & Services Company, in the Beauty and Wellness space.
Click Here to join this exciting group to take your existing business to new heights
ASCENT will enable access to
- Value providers like Financial Investors, Mentors, Coaches, and Consultants in relevant areas.
- Common Interest groups (CIGs) anchored by Subject Matter Experts around growth themes.
- Multi-Trust Group meetings once in six-months and addressed by an inspiring Thought leader
- Annual Convention addressed by inspiring thought leaders.
- We will also showcase and recognise successful stories of ASCENT members.
The contribution of SMEs towards nation’s GDP and employment opportunities cannot be overstated.ET NOW and IndiaMART endeavor to capture the inspiring stories of SMEs who have carved a niche for themselves and are shaping the course of Indian economy.
Over the last two years, Leaders of Tomorrow has reached out to millions of SMEs across the country and has set phenomenal benchmarks in participation. A three-fold jump in entries in just 2 years speaks volumes about the stature of this initiative. In its 3rd year of running, we strive to grow further in scale and aspirational levels.
We welcome you to be a part of journey in our quest for the Leaders of Tomorrow.
Click Here for the event.
Please alert your membership and other friends both in the USA and India to this 9-day Summit (see attached brochure) to be held on the UI Campus. This first Indo-US Summit will give emphasis and highlight the work of women entrepreneurs.
The Summit, interactively will explore, engage, and enhance the capabilities of participating entrepreneurs.
Some of the topics covered would include:
• Meeting and sharing ideas with women entrepreneurs and leaders
• Visiting and observing practices of small businesses
• Visiting selected major business enterprises in the area
• Participating in several entrepreneurship classes
• One-on-one and group interactions with Tippie College of Business faculty and students
• Attending an all-day Innovators Expo
(with an estimated 500 participants)
• Visiting successful incubators/enterprises at the UI’s Oakdale Campus
• Exploring new technologies of the future
• Attending Friday Speaker Series (depending on schedule)
• Visiting a local family farm enterprise
• Attending cultural programs and events
• Engaging with the Iowa City Indian community
• Experiencing Iowa City’s farmer’s market and shopping
• Socials, mixers, banquets and recognition ceremonies
• Developing a summary of lessons learned
• Developing an agenda for the next Indo-US Summit
We plan to register only a limited number of qualified registrants (maximum of 30), majority of them from India. The 9-day program fees for the Summit is estimated to be $3,000. Two-thirds of the estimated program fees will be underwritten by UI scholarships, and the remainder of $1,000 will be borne by participants. In addition, IUES participants will be responsible for direct expenses of travel, lodging and some of the meals. If you know anyone who might be interested, please request them to contact me ASAP, so that I can arrange to get an invitation sent to them. Of course, you are welcome to register and join us at the Summit as well. The Summit will give participants a marvelous opportunity to connect with Indian entrepreneurs.
Note: Prakasam Tata has already recruited two individuals, one from Chicago and another from Vijayanagaram, India to participate in this conference.
If you have any questions on IUES related matters, please do not hesitate to write or call on me.
Best wishes and regards,
R. Rajagopal, Ph. D. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Professor, Convener, IUES
The University of Iowa